A message from Court Administrator Donna Sanders regarding Social Distancing in Holly Springs Municipal Court:
Court Operating Procedures in Response to COVID-19
Individuals entering the courtroom will proceed through the existing security screening process; this process now includes a no-contact thermometer screening. Individuals appearing in court are encouraged to wear personal protective equipment. The courtroom and building will be frequently sanitized, including between morning and afternoon sessions.
While the courtroom is open to the public, during this pandemic and in an effort to stop the transmission of COVID-19, the Court requests, but not orders, the following accommodations of the public and litigants to further mitigate and stop the spread of the virus:
- Individuals appearing in court should be limited to court personnel and litigants.
- Children should not attend court at this time.
- Litigants meeting criteria for higher risk of severe illness as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention should immediately contact the Holly Springs Municipal Court Clerk if requesting to reschedule their case.
- Litigants are granted resets when there is a health concern, economic hardship, or lack of childcare.
- Court Security will be using temperature scanners to ensure that defendants with temperatures higher than the CDC guidelines are not allowed in the Public Safety Building.
- Every person entering the Public Safety Building will be required to use hand sanitizer provided by the court before entering the courtroom.
- All employees and the public are required to wear a mask or face covering when entering the Public Safety Building. Masks will be provided for employees and members of the public seeking entry who do not have one.
- All individuals entering the building will be required to maintain social distancing requirements. This will include, but not limited to, remaining six feet apart and comply with all markings in the building.
- Based on the size of the courtroom no more than 20 individuals will be allowed to enter the courtroom at a time. The seating has been arranged by court personnel to maintain social distancing requirements.
- Courtroom personnel will direct how many people can enter the courtroom. If there are more people waiting to enter the building than are allowed, those individuals will be required to provide their phone number and wait in their vehicle. Court personnel will notify the individual by call or text when they may enter the courtroom.
- Signs are posted limiting restroom capacity.
- The public is provided with multiple hand sanitizer stations.
- Use of water fountains is prohibited.
Municipal Court is held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month (subject to change). The Honorable Darrell Caudill Jr. presides over the proceedings and the Honorable Jeff Rusbridge is the solicitor. Information about pending cases can be discussed by calling the Municipal Court during normal business hours.
If you have a citation (sample citation) and need the amount due, go to ePay and enter your citation number and birth date, or call Court Services at 770-345-5538.
Citation Payment Information
- Accepted forms of payment are cash, money orders, and certified checks (no personal checks). You can pay in person with a major credit or debit card (must have a MasterCard, AMEX or Visa logo on it) or online.
- Do not send cash through the mail.
- Make money orders and certified checks payable to Holly Springs Municipal Court.
- Online payments can be made up to 7:59 am on the day of your assigned court date. Payments must be made in full; no partial payments will be accepted.
- Payments can be made in person up to the day BEFORE your assigned court date; otherwise, you will have to show up in court to make any payment.
- Payments must be received no later than the court date listed on the citation.
- You may make your payment in person Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm or by mail to:
3235 Holly Springs Parkway
Holly Springs, GA 30115
Holly Springs Municipal Court
3235 Holly Springs Parkway, Holly Springs, GA 30115
P.O. Box 990, Holly Springs, GA 30142
Ph: (770) 345-5538 Fx: (770) 345-5610